There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Johnstown’s Ghostwriter Public House announced on social media this week that it’s going on a 2-3 week hiatus. The owners cited the need to recharge and to “get back to our thoughtful roots and come back better than ever.”
- After years of mobile sales, The Buckeye Lady will open her first brick-and-mortar on Sunday, June 19 at 4493 N. High St. She’s sharing the Clintonville space with & Juice Co.
- Agave & Rye opens its second Columbus location, this one at 1295 Grandview Ave., on Monday, June 20. This follows quickly on the heels of their store on North High Street across from the Convention Center. The Grandview takes over the long-time home of Spagio.
- Austin-based Torchy’s Tacos will soon be hitting the Columbus market. Their first location, at 1478 – Gemini Place, is set to open by the end of June. More central Ohio locations have already been announced and are in planning stages.
- Alexis Nikole Nelson, aka @TheBlackForager on Instagram and TikTok, won a James Beard Award last week for Best Social Media Account.
- The Patty Shop has opened at 323 N. 20th St. in the King-Lincoln Bronzeville district, serving Jamaican and Caribbean cuisine.
- Johnson’s Real Ice Cream and C. Krueger’s have teamed up to create a new series of ice cream sandwiches. They’re available all at Johnson’s stores and at C. Krueger’s retail outlet in Blacklick.
- Food trucks have returned to the Columbus Commons for the season! A collection of breakfast-themed trucks will be parked there Wednesdays for Wake Up at the Commons from 7:30-10:30 a.m. through August. And everything Thursday is the Food Truck Food Court, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., through October.
- 614 shared the news this week that La Vieux Lyon French Bakery & Cafe in Reynoldsburg will be moving a couple doors up to a larger space. They also shared that a new winery and cidery called Wool & Vine opens at 8290 Porter Central Rd. in Sunbury on Friday, June 17.
- Looking for great Father’s Day gift ideas?! Experience Columbus has a Father’s Day gift guide that’s loaded with everything from coffee to Mikey’s sauces, booze from Echo Spirits and High Bank, to restaurant gift guides and more. Read it at ExperienceColumbus.com/FathersDay.
This week I’m also writing:
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.